Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Distinguished Democrat Nominee for Deity

Can't resist straying into political waters here, but this made me laugh as much as the drunk horse joke I posted yesterday.

This is from an interview that the Chicago Sun Times did with Sen. Barack Obama:

GG:What do you believe?

OBAMA: I am a Christian. So, I have a deep faith. So I draw from the Christian faith.

GG: Do you believe in sin?

OBAMA: Yes.

GG: What is sin?

OBAMA: Being out of alignment with my values.


Ha! And as the Senator's values include the strident and aggressive advocacy of the legal right of grown up humans to slaughter defenseless baby humans, I guess that makes me a pretty unaligned sinner.

Good frakking grief. Beam us up, Jesus. Any time now.

(hat tip to Creative Minority Report


(P.S. Sorry to rain on all the Christians for Obama parade-goers. It's so uncomfortably uncivil of me to bring up the whole nasty abortion thing, isn't it? I mean, there are such more important issues we can talk about, like decreasing carbon emissions and gas prices.)

No comments: