Friday, April 25, 2008

AFI Movie Meme

It's the end of the day and I have no more energy to continue working on the 987th rewrite of Select Society, my Emily Dickinson screenplay. It being a work in progress has become the one constant in my life along with Jesus since 1995. Lately, I am working at it with a new vigor so that we can send it to Katee Sackhoff to play Emily Dickinson's best friend, Susan. Katee said she wants to do something that requires a corset, so, hey, say no more.

Anyway, so in the spirit of full-bore unapologetic writer's procrastination, here's a fun meme for movie people that I found out there on Lapped Catholic and which I am meming myself with.

The meme requires going to the AFI list of 100 greatest movies which is here, and then answering the following questions.

1) Your favorite 5 movies that are on the list:

- Giant
- Rear Window
- Casablanca
- Star Wars
- Gone With the Wind

2) 5 Movies on the list that you didn't like at all:

- Dr. Strangelove
- African Queen
- The Jazz Singer
- Apocalypse Now
- Pulp Fiction

3) 5 Movies on the List You haven't seen but want to:

- Street Car named Desire
- Treasure of the Sierra Madre
(That's it. I've pretty much seen most of the list that I'd want to.)

4) 5 Movies on the List that you haven't seen and have no interest in seeing:

- Easy Rider
- Goodfellas
- The Deer Hunter
- A Clockwork Orange
- Raging Bull

5) Your Favorite 5 Movies That Aren't On the List:

- The Great Race
- The Great Escape
- The Sting
- When Harry Met Sally
- Badlands

I hereby meme any writer who is needing something else to do while procrastinating.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
completely unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!


my webpage ... pirater un compte facebook

Anonymous said...

I really like it when folks come together and share opinions.
Great blog, continue the good work!

My weblog; twitter followers free

Anonymous said...

Can I simply just say what a relief to uncover someone who actually
knows what they are discussing on the web. You definitely understand how to
bring an issue to light and make it important.
More people must check this out and understand this side of the story.

I can't believe you are not more popular since you definitely have the gift.

my homepage place to buy twitter

Anonymous said...

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against
hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.

Any recommendations?

Feel free to visit my homepage: place to buy twitter

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking a few
minutes and actual effort to create a very good article… but what can I say… I
put things off a lot and never seem to get anything done.



my homepage how to get more followers on twitter 2012