Sunday, March 16, 2003

WHAT WE MEAN BY "HE'S JUST AN ACTOR"

Academy Award Nominee Adrien Brody (The Pianist) is featured in the premiere issue of the new magazine V Life from the people who give us Variety. In the article, Brodie waxes profound at one point, noting that he is very choosy about the kind of roles he accepts.

"I've been offered roles in big movies, and I've been offered a lot of money, which I haven't taken - not yet anyway...I've been fortunate to stick to what is important to me. I like projects that have a certain degree of social relevance..."

Two paragraphs later in the article, Brodie is speaking about his next film, The Singing Detective, starring Robert Downey, Jr. "I basically sing and dance and beat the sh*t out of Robert over the course of the film."

One man's "social relevance" is another man's Three Stooges marathon.

No comments: