Tuesday, March 04, 2003

PITHY REVIEWS

A friend asked me the other day what I thought of Gangs of New York. "I reviewed it on my blog," said I. To which my friend replied, "Too many words. Just tell me whether I should see it or not." So, in an effort to reach and edify this visually oriented culture where it is, here are my reviews of the films of 2002.

Chicago - "A Razzle dazzle."
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - "Needs shampoo."
Unfaithful - "Tramp."
Gangs of New York - "Gutsy."
Minority Report - "Overlooked."
Bowling for Columbine - "Somebody, lock and lode."
Road to Perdition - "The Flawed Anti-Hero"
Ice Age - "Hello, Casting?"
Signs - "I see self-indulgent directors."
Y Tu Mama Tambien - "Que?"
My Big Fat Greek Wedding - "Almost"
Catch Me if You Can - "But, why?"
The Hours - "Suicide is not always painless."
8 Mile - "Would be better without the rap."
The Pianist - "And?"
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - "GONG!"
Far From Heaven - "People just watch it for the pictures."
Spider Man - "Cool and celibate."
Treasure Planet - "One more flying wooden pirateships in space movie."
We Were Soldiers - "Oh........."
Frida - "Artists."
Adaptation - "Nobody cares."
About Schmidt - "Oh, grow up."

No comments: