Sunday, February 20, 2005

MAGNIFICENT OBSESSIONS

I'm 41 today. I woke up thanking God for letting me make it this far, and wondering what the next 41 years will bring. Eve Tushnet had something a neat self-study posted last week. I thought it was a cool reflection, because I believe that the passions of our heart determine our choices - which then define us. Here are some of mine...

Dying on Jesus' side
Emily Dickinson, especially #664
A Pillar of Iron, and most everything written by Taylor Caldwell
knowing my duty; doing it
Brideshead Revisited, Ivan Denisovitch
Romeo and Juliet, The Tempest and As You Like It
birth order psychology - I'm second
the battle of Gettysburg
"Friendship is the kiss of Christ." (St. Aelred of Rivaulx)
Karamazov
Euclid's Prop 47
shellfish
heroes
Giant,Rear Window, In the Bedroom, Top Hat, Badlands, What's Up Doc?, A Man for All Seasons, On the Waterfront, GWTW
my own writing
The Wizard of ID
cats
Joseph the Dreamer; Joseph the Just Man
Yaz and the Bosox
anything filled with cream
yellow
Helen Keller
"A person is a person - no matter how small." (Horton Hears a Who)
Anne of Green Gables
wedding cake
Women's tennis
John XXIII
Newport, RI - Bury me between Bellevue Ave and Ocean Drive
Anne of Green Gables
did I say cats already?
Van Gogh
the olympics
Least Want to Be Stranded on a Desert Island with: William Jefferson Clinton, Derek Jeter, Barbara Boxer, Al Franken, Bill Buckner, Eminem, that Jamaican psychic lady

No comments: