Thursday, February 03, 2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Act One: Writing for Hollywood Awards $40,000
Annual Screenwriting Fellowship


Hollywood, CA - February 1, 2005 - Act One: Writing for Hollywood, a five year-old program training and encouraging faith-friendly screenwriters is proud to announce Haynes Brooke as the first recipient of the Bishop Norman McFarland Writing Fellowship.

The Executive Director of Act One, Barbara Nicolosi explains that "the goal of the Fellowship is to produce a commercial film or television project of great merit and worth. We are also looking to give a creative opportunity to an up and coming screenwriter who combines professional skill with personal integrity, and a profound commitment to Christ." Now in its sixth year, Act One’s rigorous screenwriting program, combines mentorships with industry professionals with studies in the craft and artistry of movies and television, as well as in ethics and spirituality. Over three hundred writers have completed the month-long intensives in Los Angeles, New York and Washington, DC.

The McFarland Fellowship is the gift of Retired Bishop Norman McFarland, of the Catholic Diocese of Orange. He agreed to the fellowship being named in his honor as a reaffirmation "of the Church's continuing encouragement and support of artists in all arenas during its 2,000 years of history."

Haynes Brook is a Los Angeles screenwriter, actor, and playwright who has had several of his plays staged at Tim Robbins' Actor's Gang theater company. Instant Films produced his ten-minute short "Naomi's Underwear" and he's written and directed the half-hour comedy short "The Seven-Level Secret."

Haynes will be introduced and awarded the first installment of his Fellowship on the evening of Friday the 4th of February, 2005 at the 7:30 Open House of Act One's new offices, fittingly located just below the Hollywood sign at 2690 Beachwood Drive, Lower Floor, Hollywood, CA 90068.

# # #

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area log home decor . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have. If you decide to come and visit maybe you can offer some advice That would be great. If not well you have A great new year.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

log home decor

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me post, I have came by in search of information. I was told that blogs have some of the best and most relevent information for any given subject. Mine happens to be a clock retro wall gift website that has anything from jewelry to horse tack. So I am looking for new products and information based on clock retro wall to offer my customers and possibly some good marketing ideas for my website.
I won't steal your content but just looking for good ideas.

Websites that I have and all the work involved in keeping several of them going and updating blogs I am at best posting once a month.

I have enjoyed your blog and am thankfull to be able to sort of pick your brain without actually bothering you. Blogs tend to stand out because a lot of them people don't try and sale so much as to write about things that they enjoy or what they like to do.
Most of which comes out in there writing.

I want to grow and build my website to be the best and know I have much to learn, and fix to even come close.

I have been online for less then a year now so yes we are very young.

We have taken what we love and have turned it into a business.
I hope you come by to visit. I am not trying to sale you anything but would love to here if you have any ideas.

Thank you for your time.
clock retro wall

Anonymous said...

A Happy Thought Lifestyle is one where substance trumps triviality, quality finesses quantity and synergy prevails over contention. Unique Different Useful

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area jewelry factory . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

jewelry factory

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on diamond body jewelry ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to diamond body jewelry with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.aphroditesaccessories.com

Anonymous said...

My internet is like crazy mustang today! Finally I opened your blog. Uff..It's interesting! Appaloosa