Thursday, October 21, 2004

SO YOU WANT TO WORK IN HOLLYWOOD

We have a book coming out next year that is a compilation of essays from our Act One faculty members. The working title of the book is "Greetings from the Church in Hollywood." The idea behind the book is to share the insights and experience of our group of savvy and successful Christians who have been on the front lines in the entertainment biz for years. Our folks have lots of things to say to the Church about impacting culture, and how the Church needs to change its rhetoric and thinking so that it can begin to make a real impact in the popular culture.

Friend and fellow screenwriter Jan "The Maven" Batchler has been putting drafts of her essay on her blog. She is writing about all the things a Christian should brood over before throwing his or her hat into the entertainment industry ring. It's a good read with some profound ideas. Check it out. Tell her I sent you.

12 comments:

dennis said...

It would be cool to include others than just writers, but then it would possibly not fit under the "Act One" umbrella. Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a computer book site/blog. It pretty much covers computer book related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Check out Internet Marketing Christmas, this special ends on 12/21/2005

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I was just browsing, looking for Free Movie Download Software related information and found your blog. Very nice! I have a Free Movie Download Software site. In addition to movie downloads, you can find options for downloading various movie players. Please visit, check it out and enjoy! : )

If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

Anonymous said...

Hello ##NAME##, with all the information on I am overwhelmed. Anyway, I was online doing a specific search for the most current infomration on and some how I stumbled upon your site. ##NAME## to be frank, ##TITLE## wasn't the exact match to what I was looking for, but boy am I glad I'm here. You've certainly managed to grab my attention and peak my interest. I must say this is a great blog and i'm most certainly pleased with the content. I'm glad I stopped by even though it wasn't the related information I was looking for. Thanks for the good read. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!

Anonymous said...

Well said!

DP - http://www.surveyearn.biz/MysteryShopper/Mystery_Shopper.html - earn money mystery shopping

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work on this blog. Informative and very interesting. I have an interesting web site at http://www.surveyearn.biz/PaidSurveys/Work_at_home.html and you are welcome to visit. It is about real work at home jobs Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This blog looks good and works well - good info and content. a fan at computer work from home

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for the insights.

Steve @
http://www.Helping-You-Profit.com

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the the detail and info on this site. Good read!

I have a site that you are welcome to come and see at http://www.surveyearn.biz/PaidSurveys/Work_at_home.html it is about work at home mom

Anonymous said...

This is a great opportunity. Just push a button 4 times per day and make $1,000's per month within one year.