Thursday, September 02, 2004

SEE BARBARA HALL...AND ME.

The Christian Hollywood network, Inter-Mission, is having an evening with Barbara Hall (Emmy Nominated Creator and Exec Producer, Joan of Arcadia) later this month. They called and asked me to be the interviewer, as, well, the lesser of two Barbaras.

At first I hesitated, because, having been Barb's RCIA instructor, we have a different kind of relationship. We talk about God, not show biz. But Barbara said, "Sure, sounds fun," so I'll be doing the questioning honors. It should be pretty fun. For me, anyway. Barb is one of those people whose attention it is flattering just to have. I am going to try and make it a different interview for her than the same old same old she gets pretty much everywhere she goes. See if we can't make her laugh.

Anyway, here's the info for the night Inter-Mission is calling,


“What if God was one of us…”

Join creator and executive producer, Barbara Hall, for the first event of the new 2004-2005 season featuring the Emmy nominated drama series, JOAN OF ARCADIA.

What if God suddenly began talking to you in human form? Would you tell anyone? Would others think you were crazy? Joan decides to follow God’s advice, keeping it hidden from her police chief father (Joe Mantegna), her inquisitive mother (Mary Steenburgen), her geeky younger brother (Michael Welch) and her older brother, a former football star now paralyzed by a car accident (Jason Ritter).

How many ways have we unknowingly encountered God? What are ways God uses to get our attention? The multi-Emmy nominated Hall brings her faith into a hit TV show in a piece of entertainment that inspires more questions than it answers.

Depite the fact that there were few women writers in TV in the early 80s, Hall sold her first story to FAMILY TIES and was soon hired by NEWHART as a comedy writer before being promoted to story editor. Disliking the roundtable format of comedy writing, Hall switched to the more personal medium of television drama (JUDGING AMY, CHICAGO HOPE, MOONLIGHTING, and I'LL FLY AWAY). Through both comedy and drama, Barbara has entertained Television viewers over 20 years. Discover how this believer has been able to mesh her career and beliefs to not only survive but thrive in the entertainment industry.

SCHEDULE
6:30-7:30
Catered Dinner (Your choice of Grilled Salmon with Basil Aioli Sauce OR Wild Mushroom Pasta entrée, Fresh Steamed Vegetables, Garden Salad, Fresh Baked Bread & Finger Dessert)
7:30-8:30
Emmy nominated episode of JOAN OF ARCADIA
8:30-9:30
Interview with Barbara Hall
9:30-10:00
Mix-n-Mingle


WHEN:
Monday, Sept. 27, 2004

WHERE:
Henrietta Mears Center
First Presbyterian Church of Hollywood. 1760 N. Gower St. Hollywood, CA 90028

RSVP:
1) 323-462-8460 x333
OR
2) Register On-Line


DINNER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Thursday, September 23

Members
$15 Dinner & Program
$8 Program Only

Non-Members
$20 Dinner & Program
$10 Program Only

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The big 3 SE's really can dish up a wide variety of search results. You site came up and I was looking for car part middlesex. I actually like your blog, but I am having the worst time finding anything exact. You know the story. Anyway, gotta run.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to quit smoking Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work and continue posting great information. I have a website on debt consolidation
that I think you will find of particular interest and you would love to visit at debt consolidation .

Anonymous said...

I have bookmarked you for the excellent piece of work that you have put on. i will like your presence at my site on car loans and see if that can be a help.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my .com hot job site.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my .com hot job site.
Good luck!