Saturday, May 07, 2005

THE FAVOR BANK IN SMALL TOWN HOLLYWOOD

Funny story.

So, I get a call from one of our faculty who was a successful TV show-runner and now studio movie producer. A friend of his was just hired by Disney to rustle up some celebrities to talk about C.S. Lewis and Narnia for a documentary the studio is doing to accompany the film's Fall release.

The friend hird by Disney, called my producer friend for the favor of getting someone who would know some folks in town who might know who C.S. Lewis was, and that Narnia ISN'T a hot new club just south of Sunset in West Hollywood.

I, of course, take the call from producer friend, as a favor, and put a call in to the guy who called him. After several rounds of phone tag, we finally connect, and I feed my friend's friend several names of celebrities with whom I have had remotely intelligent conversations about God-stuff, who might be good for the project.

The guy goes back to his boss on the project, and starts spewing out all the names I fed him. And his boss says, "Cool, who is the source of all these?" And the guy says, "Barbara Nicolosi." To which his boss says, "That would be my roommate."!!!

Turns out, my roommate who has been working for Disney on the project, told them she needed someone to help line up interviews. So, they called around and got this guy who is known as a real aggressive interviewer getter. So he gets me.

I said to my roommate this morning, "Laura, if you wanted to ask me for a favor, you just had to, you know, knock."

Funny.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there ##NAME##, I am out searching for the latest information on ##LINK## and found this site. Although ##TITLE## wasn't what I was looking for, it certainly sparked my attention. I can see how, I came across this site when I was looking for related information. I am glad I stopped by today.

Anonymous said...

Hello ##NAME##, surfing the net today for information on ##LINK## and found your post. ##TITLE## wasn't even what I was surfing for. Your post cerainly got my attantion, but can see why I found your post on related information. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

where i get more info?

Anonymous said...

good info

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

Anonymous said...

Ik dacht ik een post op online payday advance cash loan zou verlaten en ik dat koel hoop.Salaam, Rosario online payday advance cash loan

Anonymous said...

Je recherchais un endroit qui a eu l'information sur le Wedding Gift Basket et j'ai trouv? votre emplacement.Deeply, Carlo Wedding Gift Basket

Anonymous said...

?Usted sabe sobre cu?les es todo el bombo?Adios, Eddie payday cash advance oregon

Anonymous said...

? interessante me da sentire parlare delle informazioni del loan luan.Aloha, Parthenia loan luan

Anonymous said...

Hi just checking out blogs and thought I stopped and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some of the ideas are a little much and some are right on the money. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi. I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam but if you don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy Thank you for your time.modern wedding cakes

modern wedding cakes

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a home renovation project to improve the way you live your life. There are so many great local resources now for Bathroom Design . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find Bathroom Design.

Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell baby shower. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.