Sunday, March 20, 2005

LIFE, LIBERTY, HAPPINESS...AND KILLING WHEN WE WANT TO?

I'm spending my Sunday morning watching with mixed horror and fascination, as the legions (ref: "What is your name?" "My name is Legion...") of pagan pols and pundits try to stake out the highest ground possible in the quest to starve Terri Schiavo. Some of the macabre lines I've heard this morning include...

"Not having nutrition and hydration isn't as painful as these pro-lifers are making it sound!" (some pundit guy on CNN...AMAZINGLY, the CNN host didn't follow up with something like, "Oh, and how does starvation feel?")

"Marriage is sacrosanct. I can't believe these people are getting between husband and wife!" (This from a politician who opposed the Defense of Marriage Act because, you know, marriage is a religious construct and anything BUT legally sacrosanct.)

"This is the most disgusting abuse of federal power into the actions of private citizens!" (Democratic strategist guy...and I bet he wasn't even trying to quote Jefferson Davis.)

"What happens in a family is no concern to the government!" (A Congresswoman from Florida...and traditionally, that hasn't included murder...are we changing that now? Scott Peterson wants to know.)

"There is a point, when life loses its value." (Dem strategist guy...and we trust you'll let us know when your life has lost its value....so, you know, we can give your food and water to somebody else.)

Lord, have mercy.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would anyone like a vacation certificate for FREE hotel rooms ($400 value)? You can choose from twenty fantastic resort locations.

I am trying to find people interested in maybe improving their business mlm xango. If you are interested in business mlm xango Please visit my website.

I am personally giving away FREE vacation certificates to ALL new customers. There is a 60 day money back guarantee on my product if you don't like it, but the vacation certificate for FREE hotel rooms is yours to keep. A $400 value!

I look forward to hearing about your awesome vacation, not to mention the improvement with your business mlm xango.

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about ISPVIP. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, ISPVIP check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.xelr8-xelr8.com. Take Care

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about arbonne. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, arbonne check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.xelr8-xelr8.com. Take Care

Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some free time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: make money while you sleep
and then feel free to email me with you words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll be sure to put the word out about your blog and I would appreciate any business you may send my way. Later, Scott :-)

Anonymous said...

I dig your webpage:)

single christian dating service
http://www.dating-information-online.com/

Regards,
Gerald E.
http://www.dating-information-online.com/
single christian dating service

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

Anonymous said...

where can i get more info?

Anonymous said...

can i get more info?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the infomation

Anonymous said...

Blogger,

Are you interested in some
free advertising for your blog on mlm?
You are welcome place your link on our site for free.
See mlm or http://www.leadcub.net. We have a specific
category for mlm. Good luck.

John

Get 10,000 free opt in leads right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I just thought I'd write a short note to let you know that I think you have a very good blog. I enjoyed the posts I read here today. I'll be back. Keep the good info coming.
herbal remedies
www.alternativehealthreporter.com

Anonymous said...

thanks
advertising online

Anonymous said...

Blogger,

I saw your post
regarding free ads .

You are welcome to place a link to
your blog or website on our high
traffic website for free. See:

http://www.leadclub.net/infowizards


We have a specific category for free ads .
Your listing will be indexed in the search
engines under free ads . It will
also be a permanent link.

Thank you,

John,

http://www.leadclub.net
Get 10,000 free opt in leads right now..

Anonymous said...

Really nice blog. I often browse the web for love and dating related sites and articles and last time I found http://top-personals.net. Check it if you?re looking for lesbian single. Adult Singles