Friday, November 21, 2008

Helping You Help Me

We have a major star who is interested in playing Herod the Great in the movie I co-wrote "Mary, Mother of the Christ. Said star has asked for a little beefing up of the role of Herod in the movie, and came up with the intriguing idea of having the terrible king show up at the scene of the slaughter of the innocents, and then make a speech to one of the dead babies.

Needless to say, it is rather where I am living these days and all I can do not to have Herod say, "Hell, I don't know if this was wrong. It's above my paygrade."


I spent most of the last two days working on the scene, and I think it is coming out okay. But I thought to toss it out to you loyal readers in case one of you has a cool idea about the scene pop into your head. What do you think? What did Herod think about the Slaughter of the Innocents? How would he talk about it? Would he be just dismissive like Obama about the unborn? Or something else?

No comments: