Wednesday, April 14, 2004

CROSSING THE CYBER

It's done. This post constitutes my first public profession as a Macatholic. After several discouraging starts, I persevered in eRCIbay and finally found salvation in a G4 15" Titanium Powerbook with 256MB of RAM and a 20 GB harddrive.

I am still in the first flush of my conversion, so maybe take it with a grain of salt when I say I love my Mac already, and "O technology ever functional ever cool, where was I when I was not computing with you?"

I did have one experience of being an alien in the PC planet tonight. I went to my former hangout in the computer software aisle at Best Buy and after a few disorienting minutes, stopped a salesguy. I was a little sheepish - just like a convert. "Excuse me, where is the Mac software." Was it me, or did the guy get a little hostile? "We don't have a lot for you people. You need to go to an Apple store. They can take care of you there."

Even despite his snippiness, I felt a wave of compassion for him. "He doesn't know what he's saying. He isn't responsible. I used to be like him. I used to think I needed my right-side click button...."

Amazing TiBook, how sweet your sound, how cool your look to see! I once was PC, but now I'm Mac, was submissive, but now I'm free...

No comments: